-Scribbles!-

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I feel like this is turning into a Pokéblog...

Seriously. Title says it all guys.

So, this tale will require a little back story.

Remember how last month Nintendo and Game Stop ran a special Pokémon event that gave away a Jirachi via wireless connection at their stores? Well, I went with some friends to go see the new Alice in Wonderland.*(See Mini Rant at the end to know what I thought if you want.) While we were at the mall I wanted to get the Jirachi for my Pearl and Platinum and long story short I did.

Then when I got home I realized I had lost Platinum. So I called all my friends that had gone with me that day to see if they had found it, but no one did. So my friend Jamie when out to Game Stop and got me a used copy of Pokémon! Holy cow! I felt so bad that he had done that. I didn't mean for anyone to do something so nice. I was just looking. Feeling like the jerk I was I got him a thank you gift.


He said he like cute Pokémon soooo-

After exchanging our gifts I realized he had gotten me the wrong game. The gesture though was so sincere and I'm really grateful for the thoughtfulness.

BUT today, guess what. My friend Mellie found Platinum in her car because she had to clean it out today. (I told her to dig deeper! Lol!)


So while I'm glad she found it for me I feel, well- Aaaaawkwaaard!

In other news, it's April 1st and many websites across the net have been pulling silly practical jokes! For instance, legendarypokemon.net put up a fake announcement for an event Pokémon. Here's the gag:
"In a completely unexpected move, the official japanese website, announced that all players of HG/SS will be able to obtain the elusive Lock Capsule via GTS, simply by uploading a Slowpoke nicknamed Movie13, looking in return for another random Slowpoke. Once the system notices the trade, a blue level 30 Slowpoke will be sent back to the trainer, holding the Lock Capsule. The event will run concurrently for all regions, April 1st to 3rd.


According to the news release, the Lock Capsule obtained via this event, can be transfered to the upcoming Generation 5 games, allowing the player to capture the notorious Zoroark!"


Of course Shiny Slowpokes aren't blue! (Darn it! I wish! They're one of my favorite Pokémon!) But I thought I would be fun to get a random Slowpoke and trade it for another so I did. However, when I got a Slowpoke back it was fifteen levels higher than the one I put in AND had a Master Ball attached. Sweet! Not for the trader- but for me, Sweet!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

*Mini Rant: Alice in Wonderland looked good, but I hate it. Burton- keep you're overdone fan fiction to yourself. I'm really disappointed that he completely gutted a great book and stuffed the remaining skin with his dark fiction bull crap. I am a fan of a lot of his work and more so of Alice in Wonderland, but this just hit me totally the wrong way! Heck, I think this was a remake of the original Disney version and not even the book it was named for! It's sad when the cutesy, little animated version was closer to the original than this. What peeves me off even more is that my friend (the one who bought me the new game) now refuses to even read the book! (That's more his problem, but still... *headdesk*)

No comments:

Post a Comment